The new iconic food hall in Carlsbad called the Windmill Food Hall recently opened, so we packed up our family of five and went there as soon as it opened. Kid-friendly restaurants are what we are all about. Visiting places like this make it enjoyable to go out to eat with kids.
When we first walked into the Windmill Food Hall, we saw the skee ball area which my kids were instantly drawn too. I was too because skee ball is my jam!
The common areas are spacious and there are a ton of food places to choose from. This includes Mexican food, Thai food, sushi burritos, burgers, hot dogs, gourmet grilled cheese, lobster rolls and so much more!
I had a sushi burrito which I loved! The rest of our family enjoyed burgers, hot dogs and Mexican food. I’ve also tried Lobster West’s lobster and crab rolls and crab soup. Another time I felt like a salad and got the chef salad from Notorious burgers which did not disappoint.
The prices are fair. I love that we can all order something different.
Windmill Food Hall vendors include:
- The Poke Stand – offering sushi burritos, seaweed salad, rice and edamame
- The Fry Fix – Gourmet fries and waffle sandwiches
- Thai Style – Thai food, Thai tea and coffee
- RJ’s Sizzlin Steer – Coming Soon
- Mesteeso Coffee – Espresso and tea drinks, assorted pastries and baked good
- Notorious Sliders and Salads – Sliders, hot dogs and salads
- Lobster West – New England seafood sandwiches and soups
- Friend’s House – Korean specialties
- El Puerto – Mexican food including a vegan burrito
- District 1 Pho – Pho and other Vietnamese dishes
- Dough Balls – Pizza
- Cross Street – Fried chicken, rice and kim chi
- Bread & Cheese Eatery – Gourmet grilled cheese
- Bing Haus – Ice cream desserts and tea drinks
You know how kids are, they can never agree on the same thing for lunch or dinner. This took the disagreements out of the picture.
The bar was definitely a plus. We were able to order an adult beverage while watching our kids play corn hole and jump at the statues in the outdoor area.
I have already been to this iconic Windmill Food Hall a handful of times and I love being able to try something different and sit in a different area each time. Also check out our favorite kid-friendly restaurants in Carlsbad.